Saturday, September 26, 2015

THE T IS IN DEBT!

Can you believe that the T is $7 billion in debt?  Why's that?  That's a good question!  I must say that considering the problems I had last year, I think that it's going to have a hard time earning people's trust.  The T was closed for several days during last year's series of snowstorms.  I had to burn some P.T.O., but when my supervisor got wind of it, she was really bull.

She told me that I had to suck it up and make the best of it.  It took me more than 3 hours to get to work on the first time I attempted a commute, and it took 3 hours to get home.  But with over 100 inches of snow last winter, I needed patience to get to and from work. 

Since this past spring, the T has had to do extensive track repairs to keep the subway going.  And it's only gonna get worse as winter comes back to haunt us.

What's next?  Bankruptcy?  I hear that they may want to privatize some of the lines.  Give me a break!

To be continued....

No comments: